Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sleep Baby, Sleep

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,

This week you weigh a little over 4 pounds, about as much as a pineapple and have passed the 17-inch mark. You are rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and your skeleton is hardening. The bones in your skull aren't fused together, which will allow them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for you to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as your brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

As you fill out even more of my belly, lots of things are starting to change: a little waddling has started, and bumping into chairs, grocery carts and counters is par for the course.  It is getting harder to roll over in the bed at night when I am shifting positions too.

One of the biggest things I have noticed is I have been super sleepy!  I get plenty of sleep at night, I am not having and trouble sleeping, and I only wake up 2-3 times at night to use the restroom.  You must be growing so rapidly that you are just taking a lot of my energy away from me.  That is ok by me if it is helping you to be healthy and strong!  All I want to do is sleep baby, sleep!

We have finished another piece of your nursery with from help from Ms. Misty and Mr. Justin.  I had an old dresser that was the baby dresser your Uncle Brad and I used when we were born.  I also used the dresser in graduate school. 


It received some bumps and bruises along the way and some of the drawers did not even close all the way.



Lucky for you, Mr. Justin has some pretty amazing wood working skills.  He fixed the drawers and applied a fresh coat of paint to the wood and handles.  Just look at how beautiful it turned out!
(Bo loves to make cameo appearances in your nursery room pictures).

The top of the dresser we will use as your changing table.

And the top drawer is where we will hold your diapers, creams and wipes.  Ms. Misty added a nice surprise to your drawers and lined them for us!

Your mobile from Pottery Barn Kids also came in the mail this week.  It fits perfectly in your bay window and completes the room exactly like I envisioned.

The way the butterflies dance with the movement of the air is truly magical.  We wanted a peaceful decoration for you to look at while feeding and being rocked to sleep.  This is just the perfect addition to your very unique shabby chic nursery.

I will have my 32 week appointment to check on you this coming week.  We are excited to see what kind of progress we have made together.  We also have another shower to look forward to hosted by the ladies in the church choir.  They already love you to pieces too.
33 weeks, 7 to go.  We are getting so close, baby girl!  We love you can can't wait to rock you to sleep as you gaze at the beautiful butterflies.
With all my love,
Mom

1 comment: