Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 29, 2013

38 Weeks - All's "Fair" in Pregnancy and Delivery

My Dear, Sweet Baby Kay,

38 weeks has flown by so quickly!  I can only imagine how quickly time will fly once you are here in my arms.

You have really plumped up this week and weigh about 6.8 pounds are over 19 1/2 inches long, about the size of a leek. You have a firm grasp, which I'll soon be able to test when I HOLD YOUR HAND FOR THE FIRST TIME!  *Squeals of delight!!*  Your organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.  It is almost time precious one!  Can you believe it?!
This week at my 38 week appointment, we discovered I am 80-90% effaced and about 1 cm dilated.  Dr. Morton is so excited to meet you as am I.  We talked about different options for your delivery.  She said you will not go past November 2 as a due date because the fluid in my tummy will have decreased too much by then.  She said you are ready to go, so we scheduled an induction for Monday, 10/22 with Dr. Morton so she can be the one to deliver you (and so your birthday won't be so close to Halloween.  Only one more week! I am feeling really good, and excited.  You are still moving around quite a bit and seem to enjoy kicking your feet into my right side ribs!  I wonder if you will be a kicking type of baby when you arrive.
We spend this week packing my hospital bag and picking out outfits for you to wear at the hospital.  Your big brother Bo was enjoying helping Mommy pick out things for your bag.  I love this little doggie so much.  He is my very first "baby".  I hope you will love him as much as I do.

Rosie came in to join in the fun  She will probably treat you like you are her puppy.  She is a sweet baby too.

And then there is sweet Tanner.  He loves to take naps on my belly like this.  I wonder if he knows you are in there?  Sometimes when he is lying on my belly, you will roll or kick and he will look at my tummy wondering what is going on in there.  I know without a doubt you will love him and he will love you too.  You will be coming home to a house full of puppy love!

This week, Daddy and I also went on an date.  Every year we make it to the South Carolina State Fair.  I was limited in my activities this year because I am pregnant, but it did not stop us from having fun.  We enjoyed an elephant ear, and walked around looking at all of the lights and rides.  I have a feeling you will love to come to the fair with us.  We did ride one ride, the sky buckets that overlook the entire fair.

You will be here when the fair comes next year.  We cannot wait to take you and make you a part of our annual tradition!


Oh my little girl!  I will get to hold you in one short week!  The anticipation is building!  Life will never be the same, and we welcome the change.

See you next week!  The long wait will finally be over!

I love you more ever nanosecond,
xoxo
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment