Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star...

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,

We no longer wonder what you are!
You are a CARROT!  Ha!  We learned this week that you are the size of a carrot - 10 1/2 inches long and you now weigh about three-quarters of a pound. After our visit to the doctor last week I started to feel you more and was actually able to feel you kick, punch, headbutt, whatever you are doing in there from the outside with my hand on my stomach!  Would you believe your Daddy felt you move for the first time too?!? Your eyelids and eyebrows have begun to form along with another development that we want to tell you about....  Your Daddy and I have been working on a special project for you for several weeks now.

It all started with this cardboard box and a can of black paint.

Your Daddy got to work painting it black...

...and I got to work painting it with an extra special message...

I had a dear friend who you will know as Ms. Misty pick the box up at a local party store after we dropped it off to get it filled with an extra special surprise...  We took the big black box to the USC horseshoe where we were engaged....

...and we met a photographer there.  He took some great photos of us with some fun props like these two...
These are items from when we were kids; your Daddy's little league baseball glove and my pointe shoes...

And then we opened the BIG BLACK BOX to find 6 of THESE!
Yes, darling, you are our DAUGHTER!!  It was such a beautiful moment you can see captured here:

Overjoyed is an understatement!  We both cried!  Your Daddy said to me "I thought I didn't have a preference if the baby was a boy or a girl, but as soon as I saw those pink balloons, I knew I wanted a daughter."

We cannot wait to fill these tiny pink shoes with your tiny, perfect feet!

Here is a card handwritten by our dear friend Ms. Misty that we also used for the pictures.  The pin attached was my Sherbert Grandmother's.  It was her guardian angel pin to represent her guardian angel who she called Andrew.  It is who we named your tiny brother after.  We wanted him to be with us on this day so our entire family could be together and celebrate the miracle of you, precious one.


My hope and prayer for you is that you too will be a "Daddy's Girl" like me and share many special moments with your Daddy like the ones I have shared and continue to share with my Daddy.

What a beautiful day it was learning that you are a girl and to know that you will forever be our daughter.  We have your name, and I cannot wait to share with you what your name is, what it means, and why your name is so specifically and specially selected for you.  Next week - we will share with you how we shared the news with your grandparents...

With all my love, to you my daughter,
Mom


1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how the box surprise "happened"! I should've known...Ms. Misty! :) Such a sweet memory you have of you all finding out about your precious daughter! Love the little guardian angel tidbit too...Andrew....sweet! :)Love ya!

    ReplyDelete