Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 4, 2012

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,
Wow the time is just flying by.  We are almost half way there sweet one!  So what is new this week?  You are about the size of a large heirloom tomato and are growing so fast.  Remember the picture of the bell peppers in our garden that we posted last week?  Well,  look at how big they got in just 6 days.  It reminded me of even though I cannot see you growing, you are growing very rapidly just like our garden peppers.
You have tiny little hairs sprouting on your head.  I wonder if you will have dark thick hair like me, or will be born with blonde hair and blue eyes like your Daddy was.  I have heard that the more acid reflux a mom has while pregnant the more hair the baby has on it's head.  Good or bad, the way I have been feeling, you will be a precious bald baby as I have not had any issues with acid reflux.  Speaking of hair sprouting, your Uncle and I used to call alfalfa spouts that go on sandwiches or salads "hair".  I am pretty sure we got that from a Saturday morning show we used to watch called PeeWee's Playhouse.

While we are on the topic of sprouting, my tummy finally has sprouted a sweet baby bump filled with your sweet self.

In addition to growing in size, your senses are also rapidly growing.  Your brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that you may be able to hear my voice now.  I love to know this because one of my favorite things to do is to sing.  It makes my heart happy to know you can hear me singing.  I am so excited for the day that I will get to hold you and rock you to sleep while singing sweet lullaby's.

You weigh about 8 1/2 ounces and measure 6 inches, head to bottom.   Your arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of your body now. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on your skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

We have had another wonderful week loving you.  Everyday that goes by we get more and more excited to meet you.  My sweet friend went with me this past weekend to straighten the registry out and she was so much help.  We met for a very long and enjoyable lunch and had a great time.  We pray that you will have nothing but wonderful, sweet, genuine and caring friends like we have.

Tomorrow is a big day!  We head to the doctor for our 20 week ultrasound.  We are thrilled to be able to see you again.  After we see you, we will head to the beach for the week to enjoy some relaxation at Litchfield by the Sea.  You will love it there.

Your Dad and I are looking forward to seeing your beautiful face tomorrow.  We love you more than you could ever know.

With all my love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment