Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 28, 2012

Growing Like a Weed... or a Bell Pepper

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,

How funny it was to find out that you are the length of a green pepper this week!  I have started a tiny garden on the side of our house and just yesterday day we noticed our green peppers are growing.  We sifted through the plants to find 15 tiny green peppers growing!
Our tomato plant also has 2 nice tomatoes growing on it.  Won't it be fun to plant flower and vegetable gardens together once you arrive?
You weigh about 7 ounces this week and spend a lot of time flexing your arms and legs.  Your ears are in their final position on your head and blood vessels can been seen through your thin skin.  Myelin, a protective covering, is being formed around your nerves, and this will continue throughout your first year of life.  Determining if you are a boy or a girl would be easy to detect on an ultrasound.  Speaking of this, we will get to see you again in 8 short days!  We have our big 20 week ultrasound and anatomy scan next week (yes, it will be a week early when you are 19 weeks, but we aren't complaining!)  Will we find out what you are?  I don't know.  I did have my third dream on Saturday night that you are a little girl.  My dreams will either be right or wrong!  We got a great phone call from the doctor this week telling us you are clear of neurotube defects.  Your Dad and I love you no matter what, but we were so happy to hear this healthy report.

Here is a picture that gives us a good idea of what you look like right now.  Isn't it amazing!?!?  Oh, I just cannot wait to meet you!  At this time, you may be able to hear my heart beating, my tummy gurgle or loud sounds outside of the womb.  Do you know you are the only person to know what my heat beat sounds like from the inside?

Last Friday, your Dad and I celebrated a very special day for us.  May 25th is when he proposed to me in a very special way that we look forward to telling you all about. 


We thought it would be a great idea to continue to make this day special to register for you!  We headed to the store to register after we enjoyed a nice dinner.  We had fun thinking about you and things you might would like, but we were also overwhelmed as first time parents as to what we really needed to get verses what we really didn't need.  We (I) did decide on a must have in the store.  A little background:  Your Dad went to the University of South Carolina and his family members are big USC fans.  I began school at Auburn University, and my family members are big Auburn fan.  Our house is divided as the term states.
We live in USC country, so we kind of figured the baby store would be full of USC baby gear.  There was a huge wall full of baby bibs, and the only college baby bib on the wall was this one:
I, of course, thought this was the greatest thing.  Your Daddy, on the other hand just shook, his head and laughed!  He and I both were exhausted at the end of the registering process.
One of our sweet friends is going to help me get the registry straightened out so it will reflect items we really need for you and items that are safe.

Today, is an important day that we need to tell you about; Memorial Day.  This is a time when we pause to remember those men and women who have fought for our country and defended our freedom.  This is a very important day for our country and for our family.  You come from a long line of service men.  My Grandfather (married to my Sherbert Grandmother) and all of his brother's served in the Armed Forces.

Your Dad's Grandfather also served in the Army.  Your Uncle Brad has served in the Army for 10 years now.
We hope we can teach you over the years what it means to be an American, what sacrifices others have made for our freedom and how this impacts our family.

We love you Sweet Baby Kay and we CANNOT WAIT to see your beautiful face next week!

With all my love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment