Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

An Apple a Day

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,
I am 15 weeks pregnant with you this week.  15!  Wow, the time is flying by.  For the first few months all I was able to eat was fresh fruit and spinach salads.  I wonder if you will like these things or completely dislike them because that is all I ate for a while!

I have not been too sick.  Just in the mornings when getting ready for work, and sometimes at night time, I don't feel so well.  I don't mind at all.  It reminds me you are healthy and growing, and is a little reminder that you are still my tiny miracle inside my tummy!

Right now, you are about 4 inches long and about 2.5 ounces; about the size of an apple.  Your lungs that will help you to take your first long awaited breath are being formed.  Your arms and legs are growing long and strong and your joints are moving now!  It is so amazing how fast you have grown! Hair may even start to appear this week on your scalp and eyebrows.

Your eyelids are fused shut, but you would be able to sense light if I shined a flashlight on my tummy, and you would probably move away from the light.

I should have gained about 5 pounds by now, but I am actually down about 10 because of not being able to eat much other than fruit and salads.  It won't be too much longer before I finally begin to gain weight, and you will FINALLY make my tummy poke out.  Most people can't even tell I am pregnant now because you are so snuggled up.

This past Saturday was Cinco De Mayo!  We went to a neighborhood party with about 20 adults, 12 kids and 4 other babies-to-be.  You will really like where we chose to raise you.  There is a pool around the corner and lots of very nice Mom's and Dad's and kids to play with.  There are 6 Mom's including me who have babies on the way!  You must have really been excited about meeting all of your new neighborhood friends, because when I woke up Sunday morning, I felt you moving around for the very first time.  It took me a minute to realize it was you, but there was no denying it once I knew!  You felt like a happy little butterfly with hard plastic wings moving around.  It did not hurt at all!

On Sunday we went to a baby fair downtown and learned all kinds of things about what it will be like to have you here and got lots of free goodies to help you grow.

Most of the people who guess think you are a boy.  I have had two dreams that you are a little girl.  It doesn't matter what you are.  We are just so grateful that you are ours.  We haven't decided yet if we will find out before you are a born if you are a boy or a girl.... we will just have to wait and see, sweet one!

With all my love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. When I was pregnant with both of my kids I had vivid dreams about what sex they'd be. Both times the dreams were opposite! Even the dream I had about a friend's baby was opposite. I thought all along that Eden would be a girl and Hunter would be a boy, despite what my dreams told me! I love that things are still going smoothly for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about taking that at home gender kit you took with Hunter just to see if it is accurate with me too. Yes - things are going great. My hair and skin look FABULOUS! Mile long eyelashes too! Thanks for cheering us on the whole way.b 24 weeks until the finish line!

      Delete