Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Don't Cry Over Spilled Orange Juice...

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,

We have begun our fourth month, or 16th week together.  I cannot believe we will get to meet face to face in around five months!  This week you must have been feeling kinda of cramped up because my tummy began to poke out just a little bit.  Most people still cannot even tell I am pregnant!

I have heard many pregnant women experience a variety of emotions throughout pregnancy.  I am no exception!  I always drink a big glass of orange juice in the morning to make sure you get your vitamin C.  When I was getting in my car going to work on Friday, the lid to my big cup of orange juice came off and all the orange juice spilled all over me, all in the car and all over the garage floor.  I cried so hard over my spilled orange juice while thinking "this is quite silly to be crying over spilled juice!".  Oh well!

So what is new with you this week?  Well, you are about the size of an avocado.  You are about 4 1/2 inches long and weigh about 3 1/2 ounces.  Your eyes and ears are much closer to their final position.  And you are beginning to grow toenails!  I will be sure to keep your toes neat, clean and trimmed; you can ask your Daddy how I feel about toe nails!  What are you doing for me?  Well, thank you little one, because my hair, skin and eyelashes have not looked this great since high school!  I definitely have the official "pregnancy glow"!

We had our 16 week appointment today.  We met with Dr. Reed and she was very nice.  Daddy was with me.  He likes to be at all of your appointments to hear your heart and learn all about you.  Today, we did not get to see you, just heard you heart on a doppler.  The doctor started to listen to your heart on one side of my belly, then had to move to the opposite side to find your heart again.  Your rate went from 130 to 140.  It was almost as if you were sleeping and were saying "hey!  Don't poke me!  I am trying to sleep here" as you moved away from the poking! Dr. Reed also measured my tummy and I measured exactly where I should!  You are growing just perfectly!  She is not concerned that I am not gaining weight yet because you are still growing and developing right on time.

What else has been going on?  Mother's Day!  Some of our sweet friends and family thought enough of the two of us to celebrate Mother's Day with me!  I got several cards in the mail and well wishes and some really sweet gifts.  Daddy got me a baby stroller charm for my charm bracelet too.  Just think!  Next year, I will get to celebrate Mother's day with you in my arms!

I also used my new sewing machine for the first time and made a couple of things for you.  They aren't perfect, but they are made with love.


Whoops - I broke a couple of needles in the process!

Your Daddy and I began to clean out the closet in your nursery and go through stacks and stacks of papers.  We promise to have all of this cleaned up by the time you arrive.  Your four legged sister was also quite a mess covered in mud, but wanted to help us sort through the paper mess.

Another wonderful week down.  We can't wait to see you in 22 days during our next ultrasound.

We love you so much sweet one!

With all my love,
Mom


1 comment:

  1. Not sure what you're using as the backing of the bibs, but you can use towels to make bibs and burp cloths. I also have patterns (just off the internet, not real patterns) for a diaper/wipe clutch and also for a car seat canopy if you feel up to making more. Most everything is just straight line stitching. PS - I love the bump and can't wait to watch it grow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete