Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mr. Grape Turned Mr. Raisin

Sweet Baby Kay,

What a rollercoaster of a week we had this week (week of 10/1/2013)!  I have been tired, but that is to be expected towards the end of pregnancy.  It is getting harder and harder to sleep comfortably at night and my morning sickness has really come back with a vengeance!  I have to roll a couple of inches, pause, roll a couple more inches, pause and repeat until I am able to roll over to get out of bed!

I have been keeping up the pace at work, but it really has taken a toll on me.  The other day at work, I started to not feel very well.


I attended my slew of meetings that I have first thing in the morning and began to do my daily case reviews.  Around lunch time, I began feeling really poor.  I was super tired, nauseated, I had a terrible headache and over all felt very achey.  Lucky for us, my doctor is right next door to the hospital where I work, so I called to the doctors office to let them know how I was feeling.  They wanted to see me immediately.  I called Daddy to let him know what was going on and he met me at the doctor's office.  We met with Dr. Lambert that day, and she was so wonderful and understanding with me.

She too was concerned about my symptoms, so she opted to have me sent to the hospital for further evaluation, where I ended up being admitted.  We rolled on over to the hospital to find that I was severely dehydrated and basically needed to take it easy, easy, easy so you can continue to grow in a comfortable and relaxing environment.  Dr. Lambert offered to write me out of work for the rest of my pregnancy, but I thought I would be ok if I just took the rest of the week off, so I did. I am so happy she let me go home so I did not have to stay overnight at the hospital.  Dr. Lambert was so kind to come to the hospital to check on me way past her 5:00 end of the day.  I am very pleased with the type of care we have received thus far.
I thought this picture was funny.  I was kind of like the grape turned raisin!

This week you are about the size of a crenshaw melon, whatever that is!  Maybe one day when you are older, we can go to where ever crenshaw melons are grown and see and taste them for ourselves.

Baby girl, I love you more than you will ever know.  I am sorry if I caused you any stress this week, but I promise to take it easy for the rest of my pregnancy to make sure you are well taken care of.

With all my love... and hydration.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment