Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Just An Oil Change Away

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,
26 weeks is here upon us!  It is so hard to believe you are 99 days away from your due date!  Double digits baby!  So what's new with you... The network of nerves in your ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. You may now be able to hear both my voice and your Dad's as we chat with each other. Actually, we know you can hear us.  You must have a great sense of hearing!  You move around when I sing at church and move when your Dad talks to you.  Speaking of moving around, the other night you were bouncing all over the place.  I was able to push down on my tummy and you were pushing and rolling around in response!  It was really neat to watch. You are inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of your lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when you are born and take that first gulp of air. You are also continuing to put on that much loved baby fat. You now weigh about a pound and two-thirds and measure 14 inches from head to heel.  This is about the size of an English Hothouse Cucumber. 

This brother of yours was laying with his arms on either side of my stomach and his head on my belly the other night.  You were kicking around in response.  I have a feeling he knows you are in there!

This brother is ready to meet you too :).

We have been working hard to prepare the house for you when you arrive.  Some very sweet friends, Ms. Misty, Ms. Anne, Ms. Tyson and Ms. Shannon have all shared some very nice items with you (to include Pooh Bear mentioned in the last post).  Among the items has been an abundance of clothes!  Girlfriend!  You are set!  I washed, folded and organized the adorable clothes by age.  We can't wait to see you in them!  Your Dad was helping me fold them and could not believe how tiny they were!  We are very thankful for our incredibly generous friends.


This weekend your Dad finished painting your room while I organized closets.  He did a great job and was extra careful to make sure it looked perfect for his baby girl.  It really does look great and will look even better once we have everything decorated and in place.

All he had left was the trim, but he is finishing that up as I type this!

How the time is flying by.  We got the oil changed in my car the other day.  I happened to look at the date for my next oil change.  It turns out the next oil change is just a little bit before you are due to arrive.  That really put things into perspective. 

Oil changes come around so quickly which means you will be here so quickly!  It gives me chills to think about that day! We love you very much, our little Fall pumpkin baby!  See you in 99-ish days.

With all my love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment