Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Weddings, Babies and a Never Ending Cold!

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,

23 weeks!  Here we are! Your sense of movement is well developed by now, and you can feel me dance!  I do go to a Zumba type dance class at the gym a couple of times a week, so by now you can I'm sure feel me jumping all over the place in that class!  Speaking of movements, you are quite the little jumping bean yourself!  You have gotten to the point where you kick, punch, head butt, whatever you are doing in there a lot.  I am trying to keep track of when you are most active.  They say you are beginning your wake and sleep cycles now, so I am wanting to prepare for what kind of schedule you may be on once you get here.  You don't ever wake me up at night like some babies do.  Speaking of movement, your Dad will talk to my tummy and we can see you kick, hit, headbutt my tummy in response.  It is pretty incredible to watch you move to the sound of his voice. 

Would you believe you are more than 11 inches long now?  That is the length of a piece of paper!.  You weigh just over a pound, about the size of a large mango.  Blood vessels in your lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing you for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as our dogs barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze you when you hears them outside the womb.  This must mean you are learning your Dad's voice they way you dance around when you hear his voice.

Sweet girl! Boy have I been sick! We went to the beach at the beginning of June. Your Aunt had what seemed to me like a cold with lots of sneezing, coughing and a raspy throat. She has bad allergies and just thought being in a new environment caused her allergies to flare up. Unfortunately for the two of us, and my lowered immune system, it turns out it was a terrible cold! We are now in the middle of July and I am still coughing...six weeks later :(. The coughing got so bad at one point that I was up all night for several nights coughing. I thought....hummm... I wonder if a humidifier would help? I asked one of our sweet neighbors who has three children if she had one I could borrow. She had an extra one that she gave to us! Pooh Bear saved the day and gave me some extra shut eye! I hope this coughing will stop sometime soon...


 

We decided on your nursery theme.  We picked the Coco Dots pattern from Pottery Barn Kids and plan to spice the room up with flowers and birds... shabby chic decor for our baby girl.  We hope this theme is something you will be able to have for a long time and will grow into as you grow up.  The color of the wall in this picture is also the same color we will be painting your walls.



We have also added a day bed in your nursery.  Like all parents, we know we will have some long nights where you will not be feeling well and we will need to be close by.  This is actually my day bed from when I was a little girl and the bedding and pillows are the ones that I used when I was in college.  I knew there was a reason I hung on to these things for all of these years!  The pink blanket on the end your Grandma made.  Bo is sitting at the end wondering how much longer he has to wait before he gets to meet you!

This past week, we headed to Atlanta for the wedding of a friend who I have known 99% of my life.  We went to church together, high school together and Auburn together.  It was such a nice celebration to be a part of and it was AMAZING to see my friends who have known me forever.  I hope and pray you will have forever friends like these gals (and guy).

This is Blake, my 99% of my life friend, and his beautiful new wife, Laura.

Meet Virginia.  She is a precious friend.  We had so much fun growing up.  There was never a dull moment when we were together.  Seeing her always warms my heart!

Virginia is having a baby 10 weeks before you arrive.  She does not know if she is having a son or a daughter (I am voting pink).  It is pretty special to have friends I have known all of my life to be pregnant with at the same time.  I hope one day you too will get to experience this, darling daughter!
These girls were always by  my side!  Marisa and Erika are sisters.  The four of us had a lot of really good and goofy times.  Memories I will always cherish.  Again, this too is my prayer for you.

Low and behold, the day of the wedding, a close friend from college gave birth to her first baby!  Jessica and Jonathan expanded their family by welcoming Jonathan Maverick Barton into the world.  The timing worked out perfectly where we were able to swing by the hospital for a moment to meet this tiny bundle and spend a few minutes with Jess and Jon.  My prayer for you is that you meet genuine friends in college that you will remain in touch with, and have the opportunity to celebrate the wonderful things life has to offer during and post college.

Me, Jess and baby Mav.

All together it was a whirlwind, beautiful week full of great memories.  I had a lot of time to reflect back on my life and pray specific things for you and your life that I hope will come to pass and only enrich your life more than either of us could have ever imagined.  I love you more every nanosecond my Sweet Magnolia!

With all my love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment