Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Prayers

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,

We had the blessing of seeing you this week at our 24 week appointment.  What a beautiful visit! You are growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts you at just over a pound. Actually, Dr. Morton informed us at our visit that you weight one pound, four ounces, right on schedule!  You are almost a foot long, about the size of an ear of corn, which means you cut a pretty lean figure at this point.  Your body is filling out proportionally and you'll soon start to plump up. Your brain is also growing quickly now, and taste buds are continuing to develop. Your lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help your air sacs inflate once you are born. Your sweet skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

During our ultrasound, we were able to capture some pretty incredible pictures of you, my love.  You were moving all over the place which was so beautiful to watch.  We heard your heart beating which we never take for granted.  We saw your arms and legs moving, we watched you do flips, we SAW your heart beating and we saw you stretch your back out.

To me, this next picture blew my mind.  I know you are not praying in this picture, but it was such a powerful symbol to me.  It reminded me once again of what a beautiful miracle you are to our family.  It brought me back to the innocence of a little child and reminded me of the huge responsibility I have to raise you in a certain way; most importantly to love God, your family, your neighbors and of course animals.  The more I looked at this picture, the more emotional I became.  It reminded me of the most painful parts of the journey your Dad and I have gone through to get to this moment.  It moved my heart to remember how hard and long we have fought for your life, how many tears we cried... and we did not give up...no matter how tough the road before us was.  I was relieved that the journey to get to you is almost over and remembered the truth that lies in having faith the size of a mustard seed.  I truly believe this picture was a message sent down to your Daddy and me to remind us of God's faithfulness and grace for our lives.  I am forever grateful.


We got some great pictures of you!  Here is your darling hand.  Five fingers!
  This is a picture of you stretching out.

 Here is your sweet foot!  We counted five little baby toes!

We saw you smacking your mouth and sucking your thumb.  This is a picture of you trying to find your mouth with your thumb.
  This is another profile picture.
 ...and another...
 Here is a picture of your heart and at the bottom is an image of how strong your heart was beating.  We were in awe! 

The doctor said you look great.  Your heart is normal and so is your brain.  Unless something happens, this is the last time we will be able to see you before you are born.  It will be here before we know it, and we cannot wait for that day to be here.  Always remember to have faith of a mustard seed.  Your life will be blessed beyond measure if you do and keep pushing through those times you don't think you have any more to give.  We love you and thank God everyday for you, our little mustard seed!

With ALL my love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. This is probably my favorite post! I love the picture of your little legacy praying and how much it means to you and your family. I know it isn't the "traditional" thing to put ultrasound pictures in frames around the house, but this one deserves a frame for sure!

    ReplyDelete