Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,


Week 27!  I just cannot believe it!  Only 13 more weeks to go!  This week, you weigh almost 2 pounds (like a a head cauliflower) and are about 14 1/2 inches long with your legs extended. You are sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing your beautiful eyes, and perhaps even sucking your fingers (I hope I did not pass my thumb sucking trait down to you!). With more brain tissue developing, your brain is very active now. While your lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if you were to be born now.  The tiny rhythmic movements I have been feeling is sweet little baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother you or me!

You did the neatest acrobatic act the other night.  Your Dad and I were getting ready for bed and I felt you rolling around.  Rolling around feels much different than your hiccups or your kicking/punching.  I paused because I could see you moving.  All of a sudden a tiny bump about the size of a tangerine appeared at the top of my tummy.  It must have been your hiney!  Your Dad was able to feel it too!  It was super cute!  I can feel you growing at times and can tell you are bigger as my ribs are now getting tiny love pats from you.

Your nursery is looking more and more like a nursery!  We picked up a love-me-down glider from our neighbors, Mr. Dave and Ms. Shannon, who very generously would not let us accept this as anything more than a gift.  Doesn't it look perfect in your bay window?


I was able to find some darling fabric for your curtains that your Grandma will make.  I had to special order the fabric since there was not enough in one store in the tri-state area!  This way we know the dye lots will match.  The color pink is perfect with your wall color and will be something you will be able to have for a long time.

My cravings have been great for your growth and development.  The other night for dinner this is what I was craving, so this is what me and you had for dinner.  Fruit is still my top choice and fresh veggies are a close second!

Growing right a long!  I have a REAL pregnancy bump and I couldn't be more happy or proud to have it than I am now.  I love every second of being pregnant, including the kidney stones and still having morning sickness here and there.  I really, truly and honestly can say I love every minute of being pregnant with you.  It makes me a little teary thinking about it!  I love growing together!  Just think,  this is the first of many journeys that we will go on together, growing along the way to continue to become better people.  Exciting!

You will be here so soon and we are thrilled about this.  Patiently awaiting your healthy arrival.

With all my love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment