Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rolling Stones

Dear Sweet Baby Kay,

25 weeks down, 15 more to go.  How did that happen?!? Head to heels, you now measure about 13 1/2 inches and you weigh a pound and a half which isn't much more than an average rutabaga.  You are beginning to exchange your long, lean look for some baby fat.  Oh baby fat!  I just love baby rolls! Your wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and you will start to look more and more like a newborn. If you aren't a bald little baby, you are also growing more hair.  If we could see it, we would now be able to discern its color and texture.  Things are moving right along!

We have done a little more in your nursery.  I picked up a couple of paintings at Hobby Lobby and your Dad began to paint the walls for you.  The wooden squares you see at the bottom of this picture are samples that we brought home to compare to your nursery so we can pick colors and designs for some picture frames we will be hanging over your crib.

The 3-D flowers for the wall I picked up on sale at Carolina Pottery.  The white streak you see at the bottom is your name in letters that I made.  Your adorable name is still top secret information!!  Everything is coming together very nicely for your room.

Your Dad and I had quite the little adventure the other week that I have finally fully recovered from.  The day before the 4th of July holiday, I went to bed for what I hoped would be a pleasant nights rest.  I just was not able to get comfortable.  I would awaken every 30 minutes not feeling very well.  At first I thought it was Braxton Hicks, so I just drank some water and tried to rest.

The morning came, and I still was not feeling better.  I noticed my back started to hurt in a way I had never felt before.  Again, I just tried to drink some water and rest.  Eventually I contacted a nurse friend and my Doctor feeling something was just not right.  A couple of hours later, your Dad and I were rolling up to the maternity floor of the hospital where you will be born.  By this time, I was feeling like this....
...and this...

They quickly placed me in a room with a monitor on my tummy to hear your heart beating, and I looked just like this....

As the time in the hospital progressed, I began to feel like Joey in an episode of a sitcom I used to watch called Friends....


Oh my love, I had kidney stones!  This is very common in pregnancy, but boy did it ever hurt!  I will spare you the details of the event!  The stones finally passed which was a huge relief.  My new best friend these days is water to help prevent this from happening again.  This is a clip of the Friends episode which is a comical view of what kidney stones feel like... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLO5beZY4zc

The best part of kidney stones?  Getting to preview what it will be like when we wheel up to the hospital the day you decide to come and finding out first hand what a well oiled machine it is!  Also - we got to listen to your heart beat for over an hour.  We never get tired of that sound!  It is all worth it to finally be able to meet you.  This was just a tiny bump in the road.  We love you, everything you mean... and everything we have gone through to get to you...including a couple of kidney stones!

With all my love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment